Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition
of giving and sharing that is primary to quality of life. To assure that
philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors
and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit
organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors
have these rights:
- To be informed of the Epilepsy Association of Western and Central
PA’s (EAWCP’s) mission, of the way the organization intends to use
donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the EAWCP’s
governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgement in
- To have access to the EAWCP’s most recent financial
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with
respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing the
EAWCP will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers,
employees of the EAWCP, or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing
- To assure individuals that the EAWCP does not share or sell
information to any other entity or organization.